Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday...

Whilst some of the flowers in the garden continue  to flower abundantly, others seem to be coming to the end of a floral burst.
The sweet peas are a joy and the pinks are producing loads more flowers this year too, but the Campanula seem to be in recession...

Early this morning I picked some flowers, not really knowing what I was going to do with them, but with the incentive that apparently the more sweet peas you pick, the more they grow...

I decided I wanted to utilise how the campanula have become longer and much more stemmy than they were a couple of weeks ago...
...and combine the shortness of the pinks and the wispyness of the sweet peas, whilst, at the same time, incorporating their natural flow and shape coupled with the Honeysuckle.


When I got back in, the 2 tired, bamboo-style ceramic ikebana vase was calling... ( it is basically 2 separate vases in one )

...luckily an old chip at the top, ( which looks like my Granny tried to repair ), is never visible once the flowers are placed inside

...sometimes I look at an arrangement and wish I hadn’t gone on to fiddle with something... I liked how the campanula hung to the side...but then added a few too many!
So I removed some...

...and added one of my paintings ( The Scent of Lilies ) and some old books to enhance the colours and textures of the flowers and vase.

I used the remaining bits and pieces and some of the scabious from last week, for an ad-hoc arrangement in a Guinness pint glass for inside my shed...

whilst my Great Grandmother, Mabel, sitting in her garden, looks on...

No comments:

Post a Comment