Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday... Grasses

Ever since I was really young I’ve had a fascination for grasses.
I was always amazed that when just sitting in a park or playground I was surrounded by so many different species and when I was about 6 I asked for The Observers Book of Grasses, Sedges and Rushes.
I was desperate for the book, and then remember being slightly disappointed at Christmas when not all the illustrations were in  colour...coupled with lots of long words I didn’t understand.
I think I simply wanted pictures and names. ( I wrote my own name in the book almost immediately!! )

I decided to try and document grasses in the way which I’d always wanted... ( even though I now love the book and all its illustrations...and long words! )







...and this was the only grass from yesterday which I couldn’t identify ( maybe because it was still young ) but it was one of my favourites as a child because I remember the stems tasting sweet, and it was a lot softer than other, more shiny grasses...so if anyone knows what this is called, please let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment