Saturday, July 5, 2014

Saturday...


It’s been a very sunny week although today marked a wet change...
The seagulls went crazy last night, about 15 minutes before it started to rain and this morning, ( like every morning at this time of year ), the mother seagull was on the shed roof trying her luck on behalf of her babies...who are about the size of a house!
Earlier in the week Cheeks had been in his element; in the garden, in the sun ( loved how he even wrapped his tail around the pot! )
Although the garden has been besieged by purple this week, the nasturtiums are blooming so massively that I have to pick a big bunch virtually every evening...

...I think a few people worry that I am a flower wrecker just for my table compositions, but I like to try and save loads of the flowers I use.
This is another Beryl ikebana shallow trough which I placed some of the de-stemmed nasturtiums along with honeysuckle wisps from a buddleia arrangement I put together at the beginning of the week and some hydrangea leaves...

The lacecap hydrangea is a really pretty plant...I unearthed this one years ago after a massive lavetera suddenly died and then revealed the delicate struggling shrub underneath...
...the day lilies are still being amazing, although I always feel like it’s been a shame for their ‘day’ when it rains...
( and that’s a giant echium pre massive purple stem in the background )

and the hollyhocks are getting huger by the day which means propping them up with old sticks...

...and so back to the purple buddleia again...and a day lily...which I hesitantly decided to pick at 6pm this evening, rather than see it shrivel up in the dullness of a Saturday evening!

2 comments:

  1. Im glad I follow you on instagram! I'm always pleased with all your pictures and feel more inspired and motivated to become a photographer! I really do like how you capture your flowers and tea<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susi! Instagram is a truly inspiring place for your own creativity isn’t it...so glad you enjoy my pictures :)

      Delete