Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tuesday...

My first thought when I saw all the hollyhock blooms scattering the garden path was disappointment to be honest, as basically I always want them to go on for much longer...
I’ve only got one plant in the garden, so it feels quite precious...
...but actually when I looked at the flowers which had fallen onto the path, I thought they looked really beautiful...
...the rounded ends reminded me of giant pearls...

...I wanted to arrange them similarly to how I’d found them on the path, but also highlight how pretty they were when you look closely ( and put out of your mind what they had been ), so I included some snail eaten leaves as well as an old snail shell...
...and if you look really closely in this picture, next to the left hand, dropped flower...I have discovered a tiny hollyhock seedling too!

No comments:

Post a Comment