Sunday, February 27, 2011

Half of Half Term at 'Prospect Cottage'...













I've had an amazing Half Term, (even though I've worked out I spent over 24hrs driving!)...
I'd had an invitation to go and stay at the late Derek Jarman's 'Prospect Cottage' in Dungeness, to paint, and I spent 3 solitary days there, looking into a bleak landscape and allowing myself to be inspired... It is an incredible place and I count myself enormously lucky to have been able to stay in the home of such an inspirational artist...

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic pics! I particularly like the the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you - what a great opportunity - and lovely photos as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is 'enormously lucky 'of you though i would say your talent played quite a large part in you getting there,,,,there's a gorgeous atmosphere in these photos and i don't quite know why, but they made me a little tearful, maybe cos he's dead , his garden is an amazing bequest and that his home is to be used for purposes such as this is just ......what word can i use that isn't trite.....just ..... actually JUST probably fits the bill.....and this fits in perfectly for the mermaid in you too...PLUS ..i'm never usually a fan of yellow but this yellow and black combo has me rethinking that . looking forward to seeing what came out of your trip . x

    ReplyDelete
  4. First photo was taken by hanging camera from a bare magnolia at the back of the house!...I was instantly (and unexpectedly) tearful on arrival in the hallway...'just' is a very fitting word for the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew Recycled recommended via & inspiring... I try to look at things properly but realise that sometimes I dont capture the moment/view...your photographs have encouraged me to go to another level & appreciation. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have spent an enjoyable year painting Dungeness. I am green with envy!

    ReplyDelete