Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday...

Whilst I was away the Hogweed had been bleached and dried in the sun, which really confirmed an Autumnal feel to the garden... 


The succulents had to be rescued on my return...
as the snails had completely eaten this one along with an Aloe Vera which is not even visible now...
Frogs seem to have taken over the garden too, which is odd as I don’t even have a pond...just an old metal dustbin which I have to rescue them from on an almost daily basis...
The Sedum ‘Autumn Joy’ is doing its thing too...
I’d bought some roses last week for a project I’ve been working on, and I’ve discovered a very useful thing...if you spray them with water, put them in a tupperware tub with the lid on, and then in the fridge they stay really fresh, even if it’s just the heads
I’ve also been utilising pieces of oasis for the roses as I don’t like lopping their heads off...
This David Austin Rose however, was one that I spotted a gardener in the park pruning last Friday, so I just asked if I could have it and then she also gave to two ruse buds as well...I really didn’t mean to break it’s head off, but in the process of trying to angle it, it broke...I felt awful but at least the rose in the fridge trick has meant that it hasn’t died...


No comments:

Post a Comment