Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thursday...

The garden is completely changing at the moment...there are very few flowers left although the nasturtiums are still amazing, and the californian poppies are still going but with very small flowers.
There are buds on the dahlia and perennial wallflowers, but on the whole the abundance of summer flowers has gone...

So I’ve been looking further afield for the Autumnal colour today, and as everything seems to fall during Autumn there is loads just to pick up off the ground at the moment... or even have a quick snip at!

I picked the last substantial haul of my blackberries yesterday ( and my son then polished them off after school when I wasn’t looking...)


I picked some of the Oxalis from the kitchen windowsill and one chocolate cosmos to reflect the purples from the blackberries...as well as the last of the field scabious
I bought this wild geranium in August as I really remember it from a house I lived in when I was little and so used a few of the flowers...
 but left these poppy seed heads for another time... 

The blackberries have left their mark on the table which I sort of reckon is all part of this time of year...

...but out today on the bike I found conkers, firethorn berries, spindleberrycrab apples, rosehips, leaves and elderberries...
added some physalis, sedum and nasturtium ( from the garden ), grapes, and coffee, as well as an old orange-painted key from the house I mentioned before ( it’s one of my favorite keys... )
...actually the coffee hadn’t quite made it from the cafitiere at this point!

4 comments:

  1. Love so much all your photos... It feells like I'm in a garden ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...I try to feel like I’m in a garden all day :P

      Delete
  2. What a wonderfull autumn with so many colours and patterns...
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does seem a very colourful Autumn at the moment...

      Delete